Networking, Training & CPD, Resource Sharing
SHINE promotes collaborative effort and partnership between health care library and information services in all sectors. This includes networking by both electronic and other means.
SHINE members are able to network via:
- Study days and training events
- SHINE Committee and SHINE Working Groups
- Member discussion list, lis-shine
Training & Development
SHINE seeks to ensure that all members have the opportunity to develop professionally and personally. Past training events organised for the membership include:
- How to have a happy and healthy career
- Marketing libraries - is it good for your health?
- Libraries into the community workshop
- Health websites and patient information
Involvement in the Committee and the Working Groups also offers CPD opportunities.
SHINE promotes the sharing of resources and expertise within the membership. Membership of the SHNE Union List is available via an institutional membership. This interlibrary loan scheme allows the exchange of photocopies between library services providing information about health in Scotland.
Collectively the individuals who form the membership of SHINE have many years of experience and expertise in LIS provision.
The exchange of knowledge, news and examples of best practice is possible via the website, lis-shine, and by networking at SHINE events.